Saturday, November 22, 2008

Today I used the excuse of scouting for ice up around Crouch to go to one of my favorite hot springs.  It's about 12 miles from Crouch and you have to wade the river to get to it.  
The river was very cold.  I had to carry the kids across.  When I put my feet in the pool it was complete pleasure after the crossing!  I haven't been up here for quite some time and there has been some major construction going on!  There used to be only three pools that were constructed with logs, tarps and rocks.  Now it's sporting SEVERAL pools made from concrete.

The kids went from pool to pool.  I stayed in the upper pool and enjoyed the light snow and hotter water.

We stayed for about an hour and a half and then a truck pulled up.  As we were coming down the hillside, they were going up and down the river trying to see if there was an easy way across.  I wadded the river with a kid over each shoulder.  I figured that I would rather carry the extra weight than have to wade the river twice again!  They asked how it was.  I tried to sandbag them and say that it was easy and not that cold.  I wanted to see someone else suffer with ice cream headaches in their feet!  They drove off without even trying.  Then the snow picked up on the way out.  It was nice. 


No comments: