Friday, December 24, 2010

Xmas Eve Dawn Patrol

Splattski and I have a tradition of skiing on Christmas Eve.  We usually try to get out early and be back in town before the liquor store closes.  I love to dawn patrol and be back before noon.  Today we skied Freeman and had reasonably good snow conditions.  Good enough to take two laps on the lower half!



The moon was out, but not enough to see without a headlamp.  It was cold as we geared up to start skinning up.



After about 45 minutes the sun came up and revealed a wee bit of alpenglow.  John is surveying the potential lines on the way down.



This picture could be from last year's Xmas Eve trip!  I guess it IS better to be lucky than good!



Turns in the shade and trees were great.  Boot-grabby zipper crust was present elsewhere.  It's supposed to be warmer, so we'll see what happens to the conditions.



Here's to another great year!  I hope the 1.3 people that read my ramblings have a great Christmas!

No comments: